What Our Girls Are Up Against:
- Girls of color drop out of high school at a higher rate, even those with disabilities.
- They are suspended more often than girls of any other race or ethnicity.
- They face higher rates of poverty and are paid less once they start working.
- They are more likely to be committed to the juvenile justice system.
- In addition to academic disenfranchisement, they suffer from sexual abuse and STD cases at alarming rates greater than their white or male counterparts.
- In Mississippi public schools, when students suffer traumas and seek guidance, the counselor’s office is often empty.
You can make a difference.
Contribute to P.E.A.R.L.S. Mentoring and its mission of developing confident, productive, goal-achieving women. But for every girl wanting to enroll in our life-changing program, two are waiting to get in.
By donating today, you are helping empower, protect and save marginalized, unreached and vulnerable girls in Mississippi when they face unprecedented challenges—financial instability, poor education, and violent neighborhoods.
Make a tax-deductible donation to The P.E.A.R.L.S. today! Your donation will fund our programs and help ensure that girls have opportunities and experiences to thrive.